Capital International Academy (CIA) was founded in 2014, offers a grade 9 to 12 Ontario high school curriculum. After completing the required courses, qualified students will be issued an Ontario high school diploma (OSSD) by the Ministry of Education. Our school is committed to ensure excellence, high-quality teaching, small classes, and to nurture and grow the students' comprehensive ability in order to achieve goals of attending prestigious universities and continuing on to successful and fulfilling careers.
- Administrative Assistant
- Permanent, Full-time
- $24 hourly for 35 hours a week
- Day time:10:00 am - 17:00 pm
- As soon as possible
- Benefits: Group Insurance Benefits, vocations
- 1 vacancy
Other conditions:May work overtime and//or weekends when required
May travel across Canada or overseas when required
Requirements:Language - English, must be fluent in written and oral English. Mandarin is a strong asset
Education - College/University
Experience - 1 year to less than 2 years, equivalent experience including:
- OCDSB/OCSB administrative assistant/secretary
- College/university administrative assistant/specialist
- Executive assistant/executive secretary
- Immigration corporation administrative assistant
Specific Skills - Type and proofread correspondence, forms and other documents; Schedule and confirm appointments; Greet people and direct them to contacts or service areas; Determine and establish office procedures and routines; Answer telephone and relay telephone calls and messages; Answer electronic enquiries; Compile data, statistics and other information; Order office supplies and maintain inventory; Open and distribute regular and electronic incoming mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information; Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems
Operating systems and software - Windows, iOS, Android. Knowledge of Mooodle, OUAC and ONSIS is a strong asset
Business Equipment and Computer Applications - MS Excel; MS PowerPoint; MS Windows; MS Word; Accounting software; Simply Accounting; MS Office
Area of Specialization - Reports and records; Invoices; Correspondence; Contracts; Charts, tables, graphs and diagrams
- Respond to All Written Correspondence： handle all phone calls coming into a school，converse with school officials, parents, and teachers, handle complaints, and address issues pertaining to students and school policies. Answer emails from administrators, parents, and vendors.
- Support Teachers and School Administrators，provide daily support to school personnel. order school supplies, generate letters and reports, arrange meetings, and maintain the school’s website.
- Maintain Students Files，record student absences and maintain records of tardiness and early dismissals. Generate reports regarding school attendance policies and individual student attendance records.
- Greet and Assist School Visitors provide assistance by answering questions, contacting requested personnel, and explaining school procedures regarding signing out students or making deliveries.
- Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filling system (Ex. Moodle, OUAC and ONSIS)
- Prepare, key in, edit and proofread correspondence, presentation, brochures, publications, reposts and related material from machine dictation and handwritten copy.
- Dealing with domestic agency and worldwide school partners (ie. China): Open and distribute incoming regular and electronic mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information internally.
- Assist school owner and principal in business travel worldwide for marketing presentations and invigilating annually Ontario Literacy exam, etc. Arrange travel schedules and make reservations
- Knowledge of Ontario Secondary School Curriculum is a strong asset. Knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Adobe Photoshop
- Knowledge of Moodle, ONSIS and OUAC is preferred
- Solid communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise
- Ability to organize, multitask, prioritize and work under pressure
Personal Suitability - Flexibility; Accurate; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Client focus; Reliability; Organized; Ability to multitask
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities - Fast-paced environment; Repetitive tasks; Attention to detail
Intended job posting audienceAnyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application
Benefits: • Dental care
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $24.00 /hour